Dr. L.Ashok Kumar
Department of EEE
PSG College of Technology
Though fate is against fulfillment
Hard labour has ready payment
(619) - Thirukural
Seminars, Workshops & Training Programmes Attended:
- Two Days Training Programme at INS Vulsura sponsored by TEQIP III during 5 -7 June 2018 at Jamnagar , Gujarat.
- AICTE - STTP on Industrial Exposure to Textile Teacher - Textile manufacturing sector conducted by Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore during 12th Jun to 14th Jun 2003
- AICTE - ISTE STTP on Instrumentation in Textile Quality Evaluation to Meet International Standards conducted by Dept.of Textile Technology, PSG CT during 31st May to 12th Jun 2004.
- AICTE - Staff Development Programme on Multidisciplinary Research Workshop in Creativity Studies conducted by Dept. of Computer Science & Engg., PSG College of Technology during 23rd April to 6th May 2006.
- AICTE - Staff Development Programme on" Recent Trends in Industrial Controls" conducted by Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engg., PSG College of Technology during 11th Nov to 24th Nov, 2007.
- Seminar on Advanced multimedia production & Digital Film making techniques conducted by SAE, Bangalore & PSG CT on 30th Jan 2004 (Evening)
- One day seminar on Microsoft Security Services conducted by M/s. Microsoft, Bangalore in Hotel Residency, Coimbatore on 27th May 2004.
- Seminar for Software Packages MathCAD and VisSIM conducted by M/s. Paradigm Pvt., Ltd., and Dept. of ECE , PSG College of Technology 13th Aug 2004
- One day seminar on Learn with LabVIEW conducted by M/s. National Instruments, Bangalore & Dept of EEE, PSG College of Technology on 3rd Feb 2005.
- National Seminar on Instrumentation engineering - Teaching , Practices and Research on 27th & 28th Oct 2006 MIT, Chennai
- Intensive workshop on Fiber Optic Communication conducted by Dept. of ECE, PSG CT & M/s. Benchmark Systems, Bangalore 7th to 8th Feb 2004
- ISTE (TN& Pondi Section) Workshop on PLC conducted by Erode Sengunthur Engineering College, Perundurai during 7th to 8th May 2004.
- QIP workshop on "MEMS and Microsystems" conducted by IIT, Kharagpur, during 28th May to 2nd June 2007.
- QIP workshop short term course on "IT in Health Care" conducted by IIT, Delhi, during 17th to 21st Dec 2007.
- MEMS Awareness Programme conducted by MEMS Core Committee PSG College of Technology on 20th May 2006.
- Pedagogic system conducted by PSG IM, Coimbatore on 5th Aug 2006.
- NCUTE Programme Instrumentation in Garment Process conducted by KSR College of Technology, Tiruchengode during 17th Nov to 18th Nov 2003
- RF measurement symposium conducted by Dept. of ECE, PSG CT and M/s Agilent Technologies, Bangalore during 30th to 31st Jan 2004.
- Telehealth Technology Course conducted by Centre for Professional Development Education (CPDE), Anna University & Apollo Telemedicine Networking Foundation , Chennai during 23rd April to 7th May 2007.
- Training for Design Fabrication, Manufacturing & troubleshooting of modernized Vouk Autoleveller Draw fame machines SK Associates, Coimbatore 21st to 29th May 2004.
- Design Fabrication, Manufacturing & troubleshooting of modernized Autoleveller Draw fame machines conducted by S.K Associates, Coimbatore during 21st to 27th Nov 2005
- Training on Intellisuite MEMS software conducted by MEMS Core Committee, PSG College of Technology during 19th to 21st Apr 2006
- Training on Intellisuite MEMS software at Lemaridan, Bangalore conducted by M/s. Intellisuite, USA during 7th to 8th Aug 2006
- International training Programme on SolarPV Installations conducted by Renewable Energy Centre, Mithradaham, Aluwa, Kerala during 9th Oct 2006 14th Oct 2006.
- One day seminar on Bio & Nano Materials conducted by PSG Institute of Advanced Studies on 7th May 2008.
- Faculty Development Programme on Electric Energy and PowerConducted by Indo US Engineering Faculty Leadership Institute Summer 2008 at Global Education center, Infosys Technologies Ltd, Mysore during 7th July to 11th July, 2008 li>
- Faculty Development Programme onSecure Electronic transaction and Elliptic Curve Cryptography for Security Devices and Software sponsored by TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) conducted at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore on 14th July, 2008.
- Training on L V Switchgearfrom 11th to 13th Nov 2006, at L&T’s Switchgear Training Centre, Coonoor.
- Two day symposium on Biosensors during 13th - 14th Feb 2009, Conducted by Dept. of Biotechnology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Two day Animation Software training programme onMaya &Combustionduring 6th – 7th Feb, 2009, conducted by PSG Polytechnic College, Coimbatore.
- Two day Workshop on Energy Audit- A Tool for Cost Reduction during 12th -13th Sep 2009, Conducted by IIEM, Chennai.
- Two day Workshop on Strategic Innovation Execution for Leaders and Managersduring 5th to 6th Nov 2009, at Hotel ITC Windsor, Bangalore, conducted by CII, Southern Region.
- One Week Workshop on Distribution Automationduring 16th to 20th Nov 2009, Conducted by NPTI, Bangalore.
- Training on L V Switchgear Maintenance – Power Feeder from 5th to 7th May 2010, at L&T’s Switchgear Training Centre, Coonoor.
- International training Programme Solar PV Installations, Cabling and Maintenance Technique conducted by Renewable Energy Centre, Mithradaham, Aluwa, Kerala during 4th to 8th Oct 2010.
- Training on Wind Energy Technology from 21st to 23rd July 2010 at Center for Wind Energy Technology, Chennai.
- Certificate Course in ARMconducted by SANDS Instrumentation Pvt., Ltd., Chennai during 2nd to 7th May 2011.
- ISTE – STTP on Nanotechnology and its applications conducted by Dept. of EEE, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, during 9th to 22nd May 2011.
- Training on Roof Mounted Solar PV Installations and Testing Procedures conducted by M/s. Wurth Solar Academia , Germany during 4th to 8th Oct 2011.
- Training on Lapp Cables – Network & Automationconducted by M/s.Lapp Kabel, Germany during 10th to 12th Oct 2011.
- ISTE Workshop on Solar Photovoltaics: Fundamentals, Technologies & Applicationsconducted by IIT, Bombay during 12th – 22nd December 2011.
- Training programme on Solar PV Grid Connected Power Plants organised by KPCL, Karnataka, in association with MNRE, New Delhi during 12th – 17th March 2012.
- Seminar on Nanotechnology for Energy, Environment and Health Organised by PSG Institute of Advanced Studies in collaboration with University at Albany State University of Newyork, USA, during 15-16 October 2012.
- Five Days Workshop on Renewable Energy and PV Technologies at Steinbeis Centre for Solar Technologies & Training, Chennai (A Steinbeis Foundation Company, Germany) during 11-15 Feb 2013.
- One day Workshop on NPTEL jointly organised by IIT Madras and Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore on 28th March 2013.
- AICTE - SDP on Avenues for Advanced Research in Modern Power Electronics& Hybrid Energy Systems Conducted by Government College of Technology, Coimbatore during 15th to 28th May 2013.
- TEQIP Sponsored one Week Faculty Development Programme on Analysis of electrical & Electronic Systems using MATLAB and PSpice organised by Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore during 20th to 26th June 2013.
- Three Days Workshop on String Inverters and Off Grid Systemsat SMA Solar Academy, Mumbai during 21 – 23 August 2013.
- Two Days Workshop on Smart Transmission Grid Challenges – Integration of Renewable, CPRI, Bangalore during 20 – 21 March 2014.
- Residential Training Programme on Project Management & Financial Monitoring, at Gangtok, Sikkim during 26-30 May 2014,conducted by National Productivity Council.
- Intensive Preparatory Training Course for prospective Energy Manager / Energy Auditors, at chennai during 21 – 25 July 2014,conducted by National Productivity Council.
- Tutorial and Conference on Smart Grid at India Smart Grid Week, during 2 – 6 March 2015 conducted by ISGF, India at BIEC, Bangalore.
- Short Term Course under Continuing Education Programme on Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources, during 18-19 April 2015 conducted by Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi.
- Short Term Course on Power Electronics for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Systems ,during 14-16 May 2015 conducted by Dept. of Electrical Engineering, NIT, Calicut
- Seminar on Solar Installations, Economics, Business Opportunities and New Trends in Solar Energy systems,during 11 -12 August 2015,conducted by PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore in collaboration with Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering Albany, USA.
- 2nd International Conference on Advances in Functional Smart & Innovative Textiles,during 10-12 December 2015 conducted by PSG Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore.
- IEEE International Conference, Preconference workshop on Smart Grid held on 21st December 2015 at MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- BSI certified ISO 50001:2008 Lead Auditor Certification course during 14 - 18 April 2016 at Panaji, Goa .
- Residential Programme on Leadership Enhancement for Professors during 24 - 26 May 2016 conducted by Coimbatore Productivity Council, Coimbatore at Ooty.
- TEQIP II Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on Integration, Control, and Metering of Renewable Energy Sources for Smart Grid System: A Research Perspective Approachduring 20 – 26 June 2016 conducted by Dept. of EEE, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- TEQIP II Sponsored One day Workshop for Programme Coordinators on Best Lab Practices on 25th March 2017 at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Third Edition of National Higher Education Conclave conducted by CII at Hotel Le Meridien, Coimbatore during 1 –2 December 2017.
- AICTE Sponsored FDPon Potential and Challenges for Integrating Renewable Energy for Smart City Implementation during 3 -16 December 2017 at Dept of EEE, PSG College of Technology.